Once the spambots find us page 1

oblivion
16th January 2012, 05:58 PM
I think we should set up registrations so that new registrations need to be manually approved. Most sites that use the Q&A human verification process get between 3 and 20 spambot registrations per day. Recaptcha was getting more like 20-50 per day a year ago when we ditched it for Q&A at TR.

Right now, no registration approval is required, which I hope is making it easier for people to come by and check MindRomp out as they hear about us.
Gawdzilla
16th January 2012, 06:14 PM
Very good idea. StopForumSpam is a good place to check suspicious applications, as you probably already know.
oblivion
16th January 2012, 06:37 PM
yep, that is one of my stops.
nostrum
16th January 2012, 10:12 PM
OK so you're thinking it needs to become manual now or very soon? I'll need a postcard explaining what I need to do, if me helping out would help.
oblivion
16th January 2012, 10:16 PM
not yet, but soon probably. I imagine we'll get our first spambot this week. I'll write up my current bot-hunting today or tomorrow. It's an arms race :]
Robert_S
20th January 2012, 06:46 PM
not yet, but soon probably. I imagine we'll get our first spambot this week. I'll write up my current bot-hunting today or tomorrow. It's an arms race :]

I suggest that instead of deleting the first spambot post, it be moved to this thread to commemorate the milestone! :cheer:

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Is there a ^Your Posts^ link? page 1

Tasty, tasty Food page 1

should members be able to change their votes in polls? page 1